4/13/2006

Forest Service Road...jeep

6300' up..roads below
The "virtual cache"
Henry on the 'outer edge'
First stop today, unknown to me, was the outdoor store. Henry told me I was buying hiking boots. Yay!! After slipping and tripping yesterday, I really needed some good boots with traction and support. And what a difference! Love my hiking boots!(I got me some cool (they breathe) socks, too)
Today, we started with locating a quick cache, then on to hike cow pie trail, (seen in the picture above with Henry, down below) and found our 2nd cache of the day. The cow pies are enormous rock formations in the shape of a 'natural' cow pie. We thought the view from there was fantastic...then we hit Schnebly Road!
Schnebly is open all the way to the interstate now, all 12 miles of it. And, we were in the Jeep today, so of course, Hot Loop trail aka forest road 153A, was too much to resist for Henry. Whew! What a ride! Huge, okay, VERY large rocks, were the road. But, no problem for Henry or the jeep. I was a bit nervous, but it was completely worth all the careful maneuvering around several high clearance rocks. The pictures of Henry and I above were taken at the highest point, an incredible view we would have missed had we not taken the FR road.
Oh, then we continued on to find our 3rd cache, which was pretty cool, because it contained a travel bug. A gumby travel bug! Which means I need to move him along to another cache.
We promised ourselves that we would get out and do things on our days off, and so far, we're doing it and having a blast!

No comments: