3/01/2011

Day 6, New Flooring Completed!


Stairwell













Day 6, and the job is finally completed. I love the new flooring! Today we left Weatherford and are currently overnighting at a WalMart. We went into the store and bought a new rug for the entry, which looks so much better than the rug in the pictures above. We also bought a dust mop for the floor. I now have no carpet in the RV, so the vacuum cleaner, which I've hated, is going in the nearest dumpster.
As to caring for the hardwood floor, which is Thomasville brand, either water or vinegar and water is recommended for cleaning. When we had our Travel Supreme, I used Murphy Oil Soap on both the hardwood floor and cabinetry, but from what we've been reading, the continued use of oil soap will have negative effects on your wood in the long run. So, when I toss the vacuum cleaner, I may as well toss the Murphy's, too.
I am happy to be done with flooring and on the road again. Before leaving Weatherford this morning, we took advantage of our 'free waffle' coupon at Waffle House. Of course, we had to order some hash browns, smothered and covered. I LOVE Waffle House!
Tomorrow, our destination will be The Ranch. It's a little out of the way, but always worth the trip. The people are so nice, the price is right and it feels like home.





No comments: