3/11/2011

Family Reads






It's a semi-lazy Friday in the Arizona sun. So, as I'm getting ready to soak up some much needed Vitamin D while reading my book, I was wondering what others are reading now. Here's what our family is reading.

H. is reading webgriffin (that's what he reads) He's been reading the various Griffin series for 3 years now. We usually pick up an entire series in Quartzsite for a few dollars. Then, after he's read them, we'll scout out a bookstore that offers exchanges. If they've got more Griffin books, we'll simply exchange, otherwise the store usually gives us a credit.
---As for me, everything I've been reading lately has come from my daughter. When I'm done with the books, I just hang onto them until the next time I see her. I'll return everything I've read to her and she's usually got several more books waiting for me. She and I prefer the light hearted, feel good books like the Sophie-Kinsella books.
I talked to my son yesterday and he is currently reading Atlas-Shrugged, written by Ayn Rand and first published in 1957. He said it is an excellent book, and recommends everyone read it. I better add it to my 'must read' list. The last book he was reading is another I want to read, called The Road to Serfdom and of course can be purchased at amazon.com.
Quite the variety of topics, right? ---btw, I believe I am finally beginning to feel better. Certainly hope so. Not sure about H. He's up and moving......barely.

No comments: