7/22/2011

Seven Days

We are quickly approaching moving day. I've started boxing things up today, and was quickly reminded how much I dislike moving. Our last move was three years ago from the Travel Supreme to this coach. Despite me barely able to walk then, it was a fairly easy move because the coach was parked no more than 5 feet from the Travel Supreme. This move will be different for sure.

Tomorrow morning we will rent a box van from U Haul, and then begin the tedious process of emptying out the coach. We're only renting a 10' van, so I hope it's big enough. It's amazing how much stuff you didn't know you had until you start putting it all in boxes. I've already boxed up our books, and that alone took three good sized boxes! 
The coach has to be emptied, cleaned and ready to turn over to the new buyer by Wed. at 8:00 a.m.
After we say our good-byes, Henry, Jack and I will head out to a hotel in downtown Dallas where we will stay until Friday.

Closing for the condo. is on Thursday.....and then Friday a.m., we drive over to our new home, and start unloading our things. We've still got furniture to buy, among other household things, but we want to fly our daughter out so she can help us....I am super excited about that part!!

Friday evening will entail a cool cocktail, or several cocktails, on our balcony of our new home. :)

There's the balcony calling my name.

No comments: