From L. Rockwell~~
1) Wind was 17 times higher than the cost of nuclear power
2) Wind was 5 times higher than the cost of coal power
3) Solar was 31 times higher than the cost of nuclear power
4) Solar was 9 times higher than the cost of coal power
As of 3/29/2011 Nuclear power generated 13.5% of all world electricity and solar a mere 0.6%.
Germany: Our Green Energy FutureMay 2, 2012 6:53 am
Every year 600,000 households (2 million people) are getting their power switched off in Germany because they can’t afford the skyrocketing electric bills. At that rate the country (population 80 million) will become blacked-out like North Korea by 2050.
It’s one way of reducing carbon emissions – just catapult your population back to the Stone Age.
Online German flagship daily Die Welt has an article on how skyrocketing electricity prices are making electricity unaffordable for a large number of Germans.…Over 10 years ago Germany enacted the Renewable Energy Feed-In Act (EEG) which requires power companies to pay small producers of renewable energy exorbitant rates for their green power. The power companies in turn simply pass the higher prices on to their customers. Electricity prices rose 10% in 2011 alone!
Meanwhile in the USA:Renewable “Green” energy source requirements (2010 reports) have increased costs, on average 32%:
1) 29 states have adopted new standards including DC and Puerto Rico
2) Residential rate increases = 31.9% higher than in remaining 21 other states
3) Industrial rate increases = 30.7% higher
4)Commercial rate increases = 27.4% higher
This doesn't include coal fired electricity plant closures, coal mine closures and EPA regulations restricting everything conventional energy producing. Family budgets will definitely feel the pinch of "Green energy" costs.
God Bless America ;)