6/27/2011

Dulce and More

Furniture consignment stores. Not your average run of the mill stores with worn out furniture. Dulce is located in Uptown Dallas on Oaklawn and carries high end used furniture on consignment. The prices were out of this world....well, out of my world anyway. $3700 for a sofa. $700 for a quirky decorative piece. I'm sure they are all designer pieces, and many were quite cool, but off the chart in my book. I wouldn't know one brand from another, and would certainly not pay top dollar just to say I own a 'so and so'. From Dulce, we moved on to a couple other similar stores. In one, all the furniture was massive in size. I mean, HUGE. Some of the sofas were so large I couldn't help but laugh at the thought of just sitting on one. It'd swallow me up in a heartbeat. Very fun to look at though.

We moved on and spotted a strip of antique stores.....high end antiques I guess. Like Louis the XV pieces, and china I would be afraid to pick up. What amazed me were the number of people roaming from store to store. Maybe they missed the memo about 7 million unemployed Americans and 1 in 4 houses in foreclosure. There was certainly no evidence of a recession, or depression in Uptown Dallas. Good to know, right?

It was fun though. I always enjoy window shopping and it is fun to see what people are buying.
The title of this post is linked to Dulce, the first store we went in. Just click and you can go window shopping, too, if you'd like.

No comments: