2/14/2011

Grocery Shopping & Coupons

Today I went shopping....for groceries. I'm trying to save a few bucks and want to share what I've learned and what I like.

Two sites I especially like for the great finds are hip2save and sweeptalk.
These ladies have done the work for you and make it so easy. Both sites have the most recent deals and they provide you the link to grab the coupon.

Pick up a Sunday newpaper and pull out all the inserts with the coupons...I know, I know. Sit down with your favorite glass of wine and cut out only the coupons on products you actually use, including the Target and Walgreens flyers. A couple deals that appealed to me were:

Target coupon for Kraft shredded cheese - $1.50 off
Add the manufacturers coupon (Kraft) for .50 off ---I've just saved Two bucks.

Maxwell House International Coffee (I cannot live without my Cafe Vienna...mmm)
Target coupon $1.00 off
Add manufacturers coupon - another $1.00 off ---My $3.00/can coffee just cost me a Buck!

PetSmart - $10 off dog grooming. ---anytime I can save Ten Bucks, I'm going for it!
------------------------------------------
All in all, I saved a few dollars today on the groceries. After all, it was my first time with the whole coupon thing. I'm hoping to get soooo good that the store ends up paying ME at the checkout. :))

No comments: