4/14/2008

Land of the Cripples?


The trees in bloom.


It certainly looks like this RV Park is the 'Land of the Cripples'.

We've got an elderly guy here who uses a walker to get around. He had an aneurysm in his stomach that needed to be removed. A seemingly simple procedure, except something went terribly wrong in the hospital and he now has little to no feeling in either leg and will spent the remainder of his life using a walker. Very sad.

The lady across from us is also elderly and must use either a cane or walker to get around. I don't know what the problem is, but considering her age, could be anything.

The assistant manager just had an operation on her foot and is in a cast hobbling around.

Another gentleman gets around with a cane, and it appears his knee is the problem. He's not an old guy, so I'm guessing a knee injury of some sort that never healed properly.

Then there's me with these awful crutches. I am using the exercise bike and was able to do two complete rotations this morning without too much pain. Maybe, with plenty of time my knee will be 100% again....I certainly hope so. I am frankly very tired of all of it.

SIDE NOTE: BLACKJACK NOW HAS 14 GOLF BALLS. On Saturday, #12 came flying through the air and landed on the ground one site from us. And, we are a good distance from the golf course itself. With the luck I've been having, I will probably be the one that gets smacked in the head with one of the fast flying balls! Eek.

No comments: